A nice monkey bread recipe to try !
- 1 1/2 compressed yeast cakes
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted plus melted butter for dipping
- 3 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place milk in heavy bottomed pan on low heat. Stir occasionally until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan and milk is just hot (do not boil).Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
3. Place yeast and scalded milk in a large bowl. When yeast is dissolved, stir in sugar, salt and butter. Add flour; beat well.
4. Cover and allow dough to rise to almost double (approximately 45 minutes).
5. After dough has risen, turn out onto lightly floured work surface. Punch down and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Cut into 2" diamond shaped pieces. Dip each piece in melted butter.
7. Arrange the pieces in a 4" pie pan, 4 or 5 overlapping pieces per loaf. Allow to rise for 1/2 hour.
8. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven and brush with more of the melted butter.
The monkey bread recipe is ready to serve....nice !